Wednesday 14 March 2007

Sunflowers Autumn Beauty



14/3/07

Cold but bright morning .
Got the greenhouse tidied out at last , I was starting to panic at these Begonia arriving and having no room for them , while I was busy I was thinking just how blessed I am with having the neighbours I have , I have an elderly Irish couple next door who are just the best neighbours anyone could wish for , Christine and George live at the other side ( im going to a garden centre with Christine tomorrow , oh joy ! )they are kind and always willing to help out , and last but not least Dot and Dave who's back garden joins on to mine , Dot and Dave gave me the greenhouse ! as they no longer needed it ,WOW ! what kindness ! Im sure they know the pleasure I get from it but I just want you both to know im so very very grateful . Thank you !

Only days after me telling Christine I couldn't grow Lobelia up it has sprung ! I think ive always been too generous with the water before , kept them quite dry this year .
Im going to start off some Autumn Beauty Sunflowers next week , they look great , got a pkt of seeds from Lidl 29p says there are 15 seeds in the pkt but ive counted 20 , you always get extra seeds in the Lidl seed pkts , they are great value , anyone else tried them ?

1 comment:

ccmhats said...

Yes! I grew some Autumn Beauty Sunflowers a few years back and was so happy with their easy-going attitudes! I am growing more this summer.

Here's a photo:
http://693canaanstreet.wordpress.com/2008/05/08/autumn-beauty-sunflowers/

Best of luck with yours!