Thursday 29 March 2007

Tumbling Toms



Well the day started off cold , dull and wet , but in the afternoon I went to see Christines Mum and planted up her Tomato plants , she wanted some hanging basket liners and a couple of Tumbling Toms , Christine and I went to several garden centres but couldnt get them , we eventually saw them in Torwood garden centre in Larbert but to be honest I wouldnt have taken them if they had been going for free ! they were horrible excuses for Tomato plants , so we bought a packet of seeds and im going to grow them for her . Ive never grown Tumbling Toms before but im thinking of trying one out .
Yesterday James ( my son ) and I made up flower boxes from old bits of garden fence , I gave them a lick of paint and they will look great once they are filled with flowers , very little goes to waste around here if I cant use it I usually find a good home for it somewhere .
I bought a Recycling Bin last year and filled it easily so im looking forward to getting into it the next dry day we get and seeing what the compost is like .

No comments: